Stone is mainly used in the field of architectural decoration. Compared with other decorative materials, the marked feature is that stone belongs to natural minerals, and its unique decoration in many aspects such as color, texture, pattern and hardness. In addition to the type and color of the stone, the price, quality and durability of the stone are also the main considerations:
1. Stone price
Different grades of stone will have significant differences in price due to their different quality, quantity, mining area and processing technology. This requires the owner and designer to select the appropriate stone according to the project budget. To do this, you should have a considerable understanding of the price of stone. Nowadays, most of the stone consumers have entered a misunderstanding: the stone with high price is good stone, or the imported stone is definitely better than domestic stone.
2. Stone quality
The composition of the stone content is important. First, avoid using stone materials that contain excessively high levels of iron sulfide, salt, carbon, clay, etc.; secondly, avoid using stone materials that contain excessively high expansion coefficients and thermally conductive minerals.
3. Years of usage and durability
Stone is commonly used on the "facade" of buildings, so the owners hope that stone and building have the same vitality. Stone with good durability can not only ensure the aesthetic appearance of the building, but also extend the renovation period of the building. Therefore, when stone is used as the decorative material for the exterior wall and the ground and the hall, the following aspects must be paid attention to for the stone:
1. Physical properties. Stones must withstand many external forces including gravity, wind, vibration, temperature changes, wear and load. This requires high strength of the stone, especially the stone installed in the high position.
2. Chemical properties. Stones must be fairly resistant to chemical attack such as weathering, hydration, dissolution, dehydration, reduction and carbonate. To do this, the stone must be waterproof.
3. Structural strength. When selecting directional stones such as slate we should pay attention to the structural strength in different directions.
4. Water absorption rate. The molecular structure of the stone is relatively stable when it is mined, but when it is exposed to the atmosphere, the poor coordination between the minerals inside the stone occurs. Therefore, when selecting stone, you should try to choose stone with uniform pore distribution, small pore size and low water absorption.
Home100 has many stone for choice, granite, marble, quartz, quartzite are available, slabs and also cut to size blanks, so when you have any request, pls be kind to contact us and let me talk further.